IACS PARTICIPATION AT PPR 4
In demonstrating its ongoing commitment to support the work of the International Maritime Organization (IMO), IACS will attend the next meeting of the IMO’s Sub-Committee on Pollution Prevention and Response (PPR 4) that will meet from 16 to 20 January.
While IACS has not submitted, or co-sponsored, any papers to this meeting, it will provide advice and comments to the Sub-Committee, both in plenary and the Working and Drafting Groups that it is expected will be established, on a number of issues. In particular, IACS will contribute to the discussions on:
- the development of a new Code for the transport and handling of limited amounts of hazardous and noxious liquid substances in bulk in Offshore Support Vessels;
- revised guidance on ballast water sampling and analysis
- the production of a new manual entitled "ballast water management – how to do it"
- development of new standards for shipboard gasification waste to energy systems and associated amendments to regulation 16 of MARPOL Annex VI
- development of new guidelines for the discharge of exhaust gas recirculation bleed-off water
- revision of the 2011 Guidelines addressing additional aspects to the NOX Technical Code 2008 with regard to particular requirements related to marine diesel engines fitted with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems
- discussions on the development of guidelines for the use of more than one Engine Operational Profile (Map)
Any enquiries on the above should be sent to Paul Sadler, IACS Accredited Representative to IMO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
--- 0 ---