08. IMO Performance Standard for Protective Coatings and IACS CSR
- On 8 December 2006, IMO adopted amendments to SOLAS by resolution MSC. 216(82) which mandate compliance with the new IMO "Performance Standard for Protective Coatings for dedicated seawater ballast tanks in all types of ships and double-side skin spaces of bulk carriers", (IMO PSPC; Resolution MSC. 215(82)).
- Compliance with the IMO PSPC is required by the IACS Common Structural Rules for Bulk Carriers and for Oil Tankers for ships subject to those Rules which are contracted for construction between ship builder and ship owner on or after 8 December 2006.
- For application of the IMO PSPC, IACS issued Procedural Requirement No. 34 (Tanker CSR CI#72, Bulker CSR CI#19).
- IACS Members have developed 'Q & As and CIs (Common Interpretation)' on items of IMO PSPC - see file below.